GEA Niro's new direct contact heating systems heat the product instantly by condensing steam directly in the product. The heating can take place with or without regenerative steps depending on the energy costs and/or the required heating duty and can be designed to give exactly the time/temperature combination required by the product.
Today Direct Contact Heating is the worldwide standard within the dairy industry. Some of the benefits of Direct Contact Heating systems are:
- Low viscosity of concentrate, resulting in better SI of the powders
- Improved quality of instant whole milk powders
- Improved coffee stability test
- Low heat powders, applying highest heat treatment temperatures, resulting in better bacteriological properties
- Tailor making the WPNI of medium heat powders
- Improved heat stability of high heat, heat stable powders